Sunday, April 6, 2014

Directions

Birdtown Comics: Directions

Maybe this one is telling a story of how one bird learned to get by in life, by observing what not to do and how not to be. Hence, the best teachers out there are all around us.

I once had a coworker who was beautiful in mind and spirit, a woman of her own mind, as evidenced by a closely shaved head and a warm smile, who chose to push the mop around the store at closing time in order to make a paycheck yet it was obvious she was brilliant, and capable of doing anything she wanted in life. A fellow Retail Pirate. I too chose to sail on those ships, feeling like a stowaway of life, letting some other fool call himself Captain, so I could earn a simple living and still have the mental energy to apply myself elsewhere in life, where I alone chose. So about this woman, she was a few years younger than me, and she said one day, after hearing me make some sarcastic comment or complaint about some annoying customer, she said,

"I don't see that person as annoying. I always try to learn something from every person I meet."

That statement baffled me, but stuck with me.

So this video about the searching bird... is hereby dedicated to all those folks who accidentally taught me things.

Love!


.

.